The Silver Institute is a non-profit international association that draws its membership from across the breadth of the silver industry. This includes leading silver mining companies, refineries, bullion suppliers, manufacturers of silver products and wholesalers of silver investment products as well. Established in 1971, the Silver Institute serves as the industry’s voice in increasing public understanding of the many uses and values of silver.
Pan American’s President & CEO, Geoff Burns, was President of the Silver Institute from May 2011 until May 2013. Pan American has been a proud supporter and active member of the Silver Institute since 1994 and Mr. Burns has been a member of the Executive Committee of the Silver Institute since he joined Pan American in 2004.
The goals of The Silver Institute are to:
- Encourage the development and uses of silver and silver products
- Help develop markets for silver and its products
- Foster research and development related to the present and prospective uses of silver
- Collect and publish statistics and other information about production, distribution, marketing, consumption and the uses of silver and silver products
- Spread knowledge and understanding of the uses of silver
- Develop methods for improving the welfare of the silver industry
To learn more about the Silver Institute, its activities and initiatives and the silver market, please visit the Silver Institute’s website at www.silverinstitute.org
The Silver Mark
The Silver Institute recently launched a new initiative called “The Silver Mark”, which is intended to be used by selected firms within the industry in their respective communications programs. Its design was inspired by the time-honored hallmark system with its four quadrants representative of the four cultural hemispheres: Western World, Eastern World, New World and Old World.
This Silver Mark is part of the Silver Institute’s Silver Promotion Program, which was an initiative launched by the Executive Committee of the Silver Institute in 2008, to enhance the image of silver and stimulate demand for silver jewelry.
The program was developed later that year and announced to the media and jewelry industry at an event in New York in December 2008. A key element of the multi-tiered initiative was the identification of a group of “Designers of Distinction” and to feature them on a new website called “Savor Silver”.
To find out more about Savor Silver, please go to www.savorsilver.com
World Silver Survey Summaries
- 2015 GMFS World Silver Survey Summary 529KB
- 2014 GMFS World Silver Survey Summary 3.31MB
- 2013 GFMS World Silver Survey Summary 1.36MB
- 2012 GFMS World Silver Survey Summary 419KB
- 2011 GFMS World Silver Survey Summary 912KB
The Silver Market
For previous editions of “Silver News”, please refer to the Silver Institute’s Silver News Archive at https://www.silverinstitute.org/site/category/news-archive/