Pan American Silver Corp. is committed to operate all mines and develop new projects in an environmentally responsible manner. Pan American Silver Corp. will evaluate the existing environmental conditions at each site and strive to minimize and mitigate environmental impacts of mining and processing operations by applying prudent design and operating practices and also by education of the employees and contractors who work at these facilities. Pan American Silver Corp. is committed to do the following:
- Meet or exceed the standards set by the applicable environmental laws and regulations of the countries and regions in which we operate;
- Consider alternative sources of energy generation and implement where appropriate efficiency programs that contribute to the reduction of the intensity of our energy use;
- Explore, design, construct, operate and close mining and processing operations by utilizing effective and proven practices that minimize adverse environmental impacts;
- Educate employees regarding environmental matters and promote employee participation in minimizing environmental impacts;
- Conduct regular reviews and report findings to management and the Board of Directors to ensure compliance with this policy;
- Proactively and diligently address potential environmental concerns of our stakeholders;
- Implement environmental management system at all PASC operations;
- Prominently display and promote this policy to PASC employees and contractors and disclose it to all of our stakeholders.
Each of our operations is responsible and held accountable for the development and implementation of procedures and programs that comply with this policy.
President and CEO
Pan American Silver Corp.
December 11th, 2009