Pan American Silver provides enhanced exposure to silver through large silver reserves and catalysts to grow silver production.
In this role, you will carry out engineering tasks in mine planning, project engineering and coordinate tasks with operational personnel in support of achieving production schedules. The production engineer will have surveyors and some EIT reporting directly to the role.
Bell Creek Mine – Porcupine, Ontario
Monday – Friday (8hr shifts) or 4/3 (10hr shifts)
• Competitive Wages
• Relocation Assistance available for eligible positions
• Flexible Work Schedules
• Medical and Prescription Benefits
• Dental Plan
• Vision Coverage
• Company Paid Pension Plan
• Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability Coverage
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid Vacation
• Mine/Mill Performance Plan Incentives
Reporting to the Senior Engineer, the Mine Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
• Schedules mine activities from a daily basis to a rolling 3-month plan and monitor their implementation. Helps establish performance expectations for resources and takes the initiative to continually evolve the scheduling process to keep it current with changing methodology, situations, and equipment
• Coordinate mine engineering work with that of geology, ground control and mine operators. Work closely with the operating and technical groups to support optimum utilization of resources
• Review problems that arise, analyses, and recommends solutions so that mining will proceed according to plan.
• In consultation with the mine team, plan alternative methods of ore extraction, stope access and mining sequence, detailing the costs, benefits, and issues with each approach, making recommendations to the team.
• Provide direction to technologists/technicians/EITs in terms of work requirements and priorities and will formally fill a leadership role in these areas
• Assist with underground mining studies, including cost estimates
• Participate actively in training programs, personal improvement, and job improvement initiatives
• Continually develop the ability, knowledge, and skills necessary to keep up with the changing methods and technology in the job
• Assist with special projects that arise within the planning and projects teams
• Perform other duties as requested
• Mining Engineering degree is required
• Accreditation as a fully qualified Professional Engineer in good standing is considered an added advantage.
• Must possess a minimum of 4 years of experience in the hard rock underground environment.
• Strong initiative and work ethic as well as innovative and analytical thinking.
• Comprehensive knowledge of engineering principles, theories, and techniques as they apply to ore body evaluation and underground mine operations.
• Strong communication skills and excellent organizational and time management skills are required.
• Proficiency in mine planning softwares (AutoCAD, Deswik, Amine).
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, MS Project, PowerPoint)
• Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
To express your interest in this position please forward your resume to:
Human Resources Lake Shore Gold P.O. Box 1067 Timmins ON P4N 7H9
Email: Fax 705-269-4936
Lake Shore Gold is located in Timmins, Ontario, a vibrant community of 45,000 residents that is a central hub for Northeastern Ontario. In Timmins, people can enjoy recreational activities such as camping, world class fishing, nature, and snowmobile trails. Direct flights to Toronto are available at the local airport via multiple carriers. There are many support networks in the community including the local Timmins and District Hospital, local sports leagues for children and adults (hockey, baseball, basketball, etc.), golf courses, both cross country and downhill ski resorts, a community pool, and many other community events that provide entertainment throughout the year (fairs, carnivals, concerts, etc.).
Lake Shore Gold operates two mines in Timmins: Timmins West Mine and Bell Creek Mine. The Timmins West Mine is located approximately 18 kilometres west of the city, while Bell Creek Mine is located approximately 20 kilometers northeast of the city and consists of an underground mine and processing facility with its tailings management area. Timmins, Ontario is one of the world’s most prolific gold camps and mineralization at both mines is associated with the Porcupine-Destor fault system within the Abitibi greenstone belt.
Lake Shore Gold is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and all aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business requirements.
Please fill out the form below.