Pan American Silver provides enhanced exposure to silver through large silver reserves and catalysts to grow silver production.
In this role, you will be responsible for day to day scheduling and control of the operational functions. The Mine General Foreperson will direct mine operations through front line supervisors while interacting with technical services on a regular basis. You will demonstrate the core values of Safety, Health and the Environment and Code of Conduct of Lake Shore Gold.
Bell Creek Mine – Porcupine, Ontario
Monday – Friday (8hr shifts) or 4/3 (10hr shifts)
• Minimum of 10 years related mining experience
• Three to five years in a supervisory capacity
• Supervisory common core required
• Strong organizational, leadership, and computer skills are required
• A post-secondary diploma in mining technology or related mining degree would be considered an asset
• Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada
Reporting to the Mine Superintendent, the Mine General Foreperson will have the following responsibilities:
• Responsible for the health and safety of all personnel in their charge as well as contractor
personnel, ensuring safety incidents are thoroughly investigated and recommendations implemented
• Day to day scheduling and control of the operational functions
• Ensure that all personnel in their charge know and follow the company’s policies, procedures
and standards for work and safety, and the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for
Mines and Mining Plants.
• Ensure all work is effectively planned, resourced, and undertaken in a safe and
• Monitor daily KPIs and implement changes to ensure safety, production and cost targets are
• Oversee daily logbook for accuracy and completeness
• Inspect headings and conduct ground control audits as required
• Ensure continuous training of supervisors
• Ensure daily toolbox talks and monthly safety meetings are performed by all personnel in
their charge, know and follow the company’s policies, procedures and standards for work and safety
• Other tasks as assigned
• Competitive Wages
• Flexible Work Schedules
• Medical and Prescription Benefits
• Dental Plan
• Vision Coverage
• Company Paid Pension Plan
• Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability Coverage
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid Vacation
• Mine/Mill Performance Plan Incentives
• Paid Pregnancy and Parental Leave
To express your interest in this position please forward your resume to:
Lake Shore Gold
3160 Florence Street,
Canada P0N 1C0
Lake Shore Gold is located in Timmins, Ontario, a vibrant community of 45,000 residents that is a central hub for Northeastern Ontario. In Timmins, people can enjoy recreational activities such as camping, world class fishing, nature, and snowmobile trails. Direct flights to Toronto are available at the local airport via multiple carriers. There are many support networks in the community including the local Timmins and District Hospital, local sports leagues for children and adults (hockey, baseball, basketball, etc.), golf courses, both cross country and downhill ski resorts, a community pool, and many other community events that provide entertainment throughout the year (fairs, carnivals, concerts, etc.).
Lake Shore Gold operates two mines in Timmins: Timmins West Mine and Bell Creek Mine. The Timmins West Mine is located approximately 18 kilometres west of the city, while Bell Creek Mine is located approximately 20 kilometers northeast of the city and consists of an underground mine and processing facility with its tailings management area. Timmins, Ontario is one of the world’s most prolific gold camps and mineralization at both mines is associated with the Porcupine-Destor fault system within the Abitibi greenstone belt.
Lake Shore Gold is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and all aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business requirements.
Please fill out the form below.