Pan American Silver provides enhanced exposure to silver through large silver reserves and catalysts to grow silver production.
Vancouver, British Columbia
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Social Sustainability, Diversity, and Inclusion. The incumbent will provide support to the Social Sustainability Department where we develop corporate sustainability strategies and advise senior management on social performance and industry trends. Coordinates with local teams the implementation of ISOMETRIX, our social management systems in accordance with PAAS social responsibility policy, guidelines, social performance standards, and community investment strategies.
• Collects and analyzes social and economic data for developing corporate sustainability strategies and reporting;
• Works closely with Senior Analyst of Social Responsibility and PAAS operations on the implementation of our social responsibility policy, guidelines, social performance standards, and community investment strategies;
• Follow up and manages budget for our Social Management System implementation in ISOMETRIX, as well as keep track of all information enter by site teams, including grievance system data, audits, social risk related events, economic development programs, social commitment with communities etc.
• Assists in collecting internal reporting from our mine sites, including all information for sustainability report.
• Assists with the production of content for sustainability reporting for our annual Global Reporting Initiative report;
• Research trends in corporate social responsibility, and global sustainability, and analyzes these trends and research findings against the Company’s peers in the mining industry;
• Compiles reports for the Company’s sustainability department based on trends and research in the industry, to present to the Company and to other external organizations;
• Writes reports in English, including monthly reports, Board presentations when required and other reports;
• Analyzes areas of development and/or improvement for the Company’s sustainability projects and initiatives, and assists in developing sustainability strategies and action plans at sites and at a corporate level;
• Coordinates and participates in social management system audits at the mine sites when required;
• Coordinates and supports mine operations compliance with corporate and international sustainability standards, including “Towards Sustainable Mining”;
• Supervises and at times, executes training on social management systems and standards;
• Provides input from our sites experience to the Diversity and Inclusion Agenda at a corporate level;
• Supports senior management, addressing company’s social issues.
• Coordinates with senior management social strategies and activities.
• All other activities which the Company may request from time to time.
• 3 years of experience in the mining industry. Experience in related activities a plus.
• Native English a must, Working Spanish and/ or Portuguese would be an asset.
• Bachelor in Mining Engineering degree, or a BA in Social Development, Anthropology or Geology; or Bachelor Science in Environmental or related field preferred.
• Ability to manage software database.
• Excellent writing and communication skills in English.
• Excellent skills MS Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Availability to travel internationally up to 20% of the year.
• Candidate needs to live in Vancouver or be willing to relocate to Vancouver.
The ideal candidate must haves:
• A knack for working as part of a diverse team;
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
• Excellent business writing skills in English, creativity and fresh ideas for
• Passion for improving management systems and developing performance
Interested candidates please apply in confidence to before March 27th to
We thank all applicants for showing an interest. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Pan American Silver was created with the intention to provide investors with the best vehicle to gain exposure
to higher silver prices. Our vision is to be the world’s pre-eminent silver producer, with a reputation for
excellence in discovery, engineering, and sustainable development. Pan American Silver has several
underground and open pit operations in Mexico, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, Canada, and Guatemala.
Pan American Silver is committed to advancing diversity and developing inclusive leadership teams that are
representative of the communities we serve. The Company provides equal opportunities to all persons
regardless of age, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or
Por favor, rellene el siguiente formulario.