Pan American Silver provides enhanced exposure to silver through large silver reserves and catalysts to grow silver production.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and promoting safe operating procedures for all jobs at the mine. The Health & Safety Trainer is also responsible to ensure that all employees follow safe operating procedures when performing tasks and to provide training and guidance to all workers. Much of the incumbent’s time will be spent underground, doing hands-on training, issuing in-house equipment and operating licenses, training and issuing government specialty modules, and registering all training with the MTCU. The position reports directly to the Site Safety Coordinator.
Location: Bell Creek Mine, Porcupine, Ontario
Rotation: Monday – Friday (8-hour shifts) or 4 days/week (10-hour shifts)
• Competitive Wages
• Flexible Work Schedules
• Medical and Prescription Benefits
• Dental Plan
• Vision Coverage
• Company Paid Pension Plan
• Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability Coverage
• Employee Assistance Program
• Paid Vacation
• Mine/Mill Performance Plan Incentives
• Paid Pregnancy and Parental Leave
• Ensures site orientation for all new employees. Update and manage the induction video, training package and onboarding process.
• Educate all levels of the organization about the IRS, and actively promote IRS while training.
• Follow “refresher” training schedules to ensure workers are evaluated and trained annually on specific equipment and tasks to reduce injury exposure and risk.
• Compliance and training on all mine site safe operating procedures providing input, modifying, and updating procedures as required
• Ensure that the Common Core training programs are structured to ensure that employees have received the appropriate specialty accreditation.
• Deliver training programs to ensure every employee is trained at least once per year on tasks and equipment they regularly use on the job and manage the records and eCompliance documentation requirements.
• Oversee the following programs: U/G Basic Common Core, U/G Mining Specialties, U/G Supervisory Common Core & other Common Core programs as deemed applicable, and ensure all documentation, ministry submissions, compliance requirements are accurately managed.
• Ensure compliance with the requirements for record keeping
• Monitor and report compliance to all safety/training programs and provide regular updates to Supervision and Management with respect to employee training needs, objectives, completion and compliance.
• Schedules, arrange, conduct and audit first aid, CPR and WHIMIS training for employees as required.
• Takes responsibility for aspects of occupational health and safety, and environmental matters, over which the individual has control, including adherence to all requirements applicable to Lake Shore Gold
• Such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• 5 to 7 years of Underground Mine Training experience is required.
• 10 + years of varied underground mining and equipment operational experience.
• Must hold a significant number of transferable mine specialty modules, to match the requirements and demands of the workforce training.
• Train the Trainer Certification is required
• Strong communication and coaching skills, centered around hands on training and compliance documentation.
• The ability to communicate oral and written with all levels of the organization, government agencies, training facilities, and Ministry inspectors.
• Recognized formal safety and training certification would be considered an asset.
• Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
To express your interest in this position please forward your resume to:
Lake Shore Gold
P.O. Box 1067
Lake Shore Gold is located in Timmins, Ontario, a vibrant community of 45,000 residents that is a central hub for Northeastern Ontario. In Timmins, people can enjoy recreational activities such as camping, world class fishing, nature, and snowmobile trails. Direct flights to Toronto are available at the local airport via multiple carriers. There are many support networks in the community including the local Timmins and District Hospital, local sports leagues for children and adults (hockey, baseball, basketball, etc.), golf courses, both cross country and downhill ski resorts, a community pool, and many other community events that provide entertainment throughout the year (fairs, carnivals, concerts, etc.).
Lake Shore Gold operates two mines in Timmins: Timmins West Mine and Bell Creek Mine. The Timmins West Mine is located approximately 18 kilometres west of the city, while Bell Creek Mine is located approximately 20 kilometers northeast of the city and consists of an underground mine and processing facility with its tailings management area. Timmins, Ontario is one of the world’s most prolific gold camps and mineralization at both mines is associated with the Porcupine-Destor fault system within the Abitibi greenstone belt.
Lake Shore Gold is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and all aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business requirements.
Please fill out the form below.