Acerca de PAS
Pan American Silver proporciona una mayor exposición a la plata a través de grandes reservas de plata y catalizadores para aumentar la producción de plata.
(16 MONTHS PERIOD) – ONE POSITION
Lake Shore Gold is seeking a 2nd, 3rd or 4th year Chemical Engineering (or mining Engineering with a focus on mineral processing) co-op student to support the Bell Creek Mill in Porcupine, Ontario.
• Ensures all activities are in compliance with legislative, company and site regulations
• Enter data into the daily metallurgical file and issue the daily metallurgical report
• Responsible for mill sampling for the purposes of determining ore moisture content, plant circuit surveys, grind analyses, etc.
• Responsible for precise and reproducible sampling at month end to determine mill gold inventories.
• Responsible for reagent inventory counts at month end and calculating the required charge-outs for the warehouse to process
• Maintain the cleanliness of the lab and order any equipment required for the lab or refinery
• Perform lab experiments including but not limited to size analysis, leach tests, carbon activity, and ETP tests.
• Become proficient at the mill refiner jobs
• Mix reagents required by mill operations and geology
• Special projects as may be assigned from time to time
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office, especially Excel is required
• A valid driver’s licence is required
Students must be currently enrolled in a mineral/mining engineering program to be eligible. Proof of eligibility is required. The successful candidate will demonstrate Lake Shore Gold’s core values in Safety Health and the Environment and will meet the requirements of its Code of Conduct.
Students must have access to a vehicle or arrange car-pooling as public transportation is not available. The placements will run from May 2023 to August 2024.
To express your interest in this position please forward your resume to:
Lake Shore Gold
P.O. Box 1067
Lake Shore Gold is located in Timmins, Ontario, a vibrant community of 45,000 residents that is a central hub for Northeastern Ontario. In Timmins, people can enjoy recreational activities such as camping, world class fishing, nature, and snowmobile trails. Direct flights to Toronto are available at the local airport via multiple carriers. There are many support networks in the community including the local Timmins and District Hospital, local sports leagues for children and adults (hockey, baseball, basketball, etc.), golf courses, both cross country and downhill ski resorts, a community pool, and many other community events that provide entertainment throughout the year (fairs, carnivals, concerts, etc.).
Lake Shore Gold operates two mines in Timmins: Timmins West Mine and Bell Creek Mine. The Timmins West Mine is located approximately 18 kilometres west of the city, while Bell Creek Mine is located approximately 20 kilometers northeast of the city and consists of an underground mine and processing facility with its tailings management area. Timmins, Ontario is one of the world’s most prolific gold camps and mineralization at both mines is associated with the Porcupine-Destor fault system within the Abitibi greenstone belt.
Lake Shore Gold is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and all aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business requirements.
Please fill out the form below.