Acerca de PAS
Pan American Silver proporciona una mayor exposición a la plata a través de grandes reservas de plata y catalizadores para aumentar la producción de plata.
Vancouver, British Columbia
The Senior Financial Accountant will be a designated accountant whose primary responsibilities will be the preparation and maintenance of accounting records to support periodic financial closes and related consolidated financial reporting; as well as managing existing reporting systems and leading new reporting system development initiatives.
This individual must be a self-starting team player with a “can-do” attitude and the communication skills and personality to thrive in a complex, fast-paced, international mining organization. The successful candidate must have the proper balance of skills, experience, and attitude to be successful in this role.
• Review regional reporting packages and prepare corporate consolidation adjustments for operating and non-operating subsidiaries. You will:
• Review regional inventory schedules and prepare corporate inventory schedules.
• Review regional property, plant and equipment (“PPE”) schedules and prepare corporate PPE schedules.
• Prepare monthly cash flow schedules.
• Communicate regularly with regional accounting offices.
• Perform intercompany reconciliation of investment and loan facilities and prepare required elimination entries.
• Assist with the preparation of the internal monthly financial report and supporting schedules and reconciliations.
• Prepare supporting notes, schedules and reconciliations for quarterly and annual Financial Statement and MD&A preparation.
• Coordinate with internal and external auditors to provide supporting audit documentation for internal controls over financial reporting («ICFR») in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley Sec 404 (“SOX”) while maintaining existing positive auditor working relationships.
• Mentor junior accounting staff.
• Utilize Workiva, Oracle EBS, and JE Edwards («JDE») software
• Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) with 2 years of post designation experience.
• Strong technical knowledge of IFRS.
• Experience with documentation of ICFR in compliance with SOX (e.g., process narratives, flowcharts, risk- assessment workbooks etc.).
• Experience with complex consolidations for a global multi-jurisdictional, multi-currency organization.
• Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills, with ability to manage and prioritize competing demands.
• Experience working effectively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Knowledge of advanced Microsoft Excel functions.
• Strong work ethic combined with the desire to have fun.
• Other beneficial skills (not explicitly required)
• Public company experience.
• Workiva, Oracle or JDE experience.
• Spanish or Portuguese language skills (oral & written) will be an asset.
Interested candidates please apply in confidence to until
We thank all applicants for showing interest. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Pan American Silver was created with the intention to provide investors with the best vehicle to gain exposure
to higher silver prices. Our vision is to be the world’s pre-eminent silver producer, with a reputation for
excellence in discovery, engineering, and sustainable development. Pan American Silver has several
underground and open pit operations in Mexico, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina, Canada, and Guatemala.
Pan American Silver is committed to advancing diversity and developing inclusive leadership teams that are
representative of the communities we serve. The Company provides equal opportunities to all persons
regardless of age, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or
Please fill out the form below.